Gary Davis' Blog

DotNET/PayPal Development and other Techie Stuff
posts - 45, comments - 120, trackbacks - 0

How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

Background

My wife asked me to install her Viking embroidery “5D” software on her Surface Pro PC so she could use the touch tablet and pen to do graphics drawing and editing in the Design Creator.

The software is protected by requiring the user to have a USB dongle plugged in when running the program.

Installation went through normal software install and then it also had 3 updates to install. Two of the updates seemed to end with an error, perhaps because I did not reboot the PC after each (it was not clear whether or not to do this). At any point, running the program with the dongle installed resulted in the H0033 error.HASP Dongle

I tried doing a repair install and also install of drivers (from the main install menu) – neither helped.

Searching on this error showed several hits saying to go to the windows Services and enabling the HASP License Manager (or Sentinel HASP License Manager) but in my case, I did not have the HASP entry in Services.

I looked in the Device Manager and saw an error for the HASP device and its properties said the device driver was not installed. Doing an Uninstall followed by a Scan for New Hardware did not help.

Some posts said to try to go to this url in your browser: http://localhost:1947 but that just displayed an error. Normally, this would display the HASP SRM Admin Control Center.

Solution

I eventually found a post to download the HASP SRM Runtime drivers at http://sentinelcustomer.safenet-inc.com/sentineldownloads/. Installing this did solve the H0033 error. Also, once installed, the dongle light was lit and the http://localhost:1947 worked.

From the download page, I chose to install the Sentinel HASP/LDK Windows GUI Run-time Installer.

Ref: http://sentineldiscussion.safenet-inc.com/topic/unable-to-access-sentinel-hasp-run-time-environment-h0033

Copy of HASP SRM Runtime download zip file:

• V7.32 as of Apr. 2015: Click here – This is the latest version.

Please post feedback on your results.

Print | posted on Saturday, March 29, 2014 5:24 PM |

Feedback

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

Holy cow!!! This really did work! I was about ready to commit "hairy carry" (not the real spelling). I had to purchase a new laptop and went from vista to windows 8. I was reloading my 5D software and kept getting the same errors you described in the blog. I am always dubious about hitting links and downloading open ware on my laptops, but my frustration was at the boiling point. I took the chance and viola! The dongle lights ups, 5D opens and all is will with the world. Thanks so much for your post.
6/7/2014 2:25 PM | BJ

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

I truly want to thank you for your post. I got the dreaded "Unable to Access HASP SRM Run-time Environment (H0033) error after installing the updates on my Viking 4D Embroidery software. That's the version I am most comfortable with. So it's the version I loaded first. When I ran into this problem, I was really worried about loading 5D & 6D (neither of which I've worked in). Now, after following your instructions to download the HASP SRM Runtime drivers, my 4D works again. Now I can load 5D & 6D. I do eventually want to learn 5D, & then 6D (which I received as a free upgrade several months ago. Thank you again. Beth
7/22/2014 8:22 PM | Beth H

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

EXCELLENT THIS REALLY WORK. I PAID FOR THE VANTAGE SUPPORT, AND CALLED THEM AND WAS PUT ON HOLD 4EVER!!! AND I SEARCHED AND FOUND THIS LINKED, DOWNLOADED AND IT WORK!!! FOR BOTH 5D AND 6D.
8/27/2014 8:46 PM | kash

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

WANT TO REPEAT EVERYONE ELSES GRATITUDE!!!! THANK YOU!!!!
I've had 5D upgrade here not being able to use it… until I found your post!!!
THANK YOU THANK YOU!!
8/31/2014 4:50 AM | Adelaide

Thank you very much !
I did work with my HASP key for Wilcom Deco Studio !
9/13/2014 10:36 PM | Jo

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

Thank you very much. Working.....
9/24/2014 6:18 AM | Alben

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

Thanks so much. My laptop crashed after a windows update and I lost everything because I had to revert the laptop back to factory defaults which meant I had to reinstall my 5D software. Got it downloaded fine but then got that nasty Hasp error. Again thanks. It now works.
11/1/2014 2:09 PM | Sandy

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

Thanks you so much...Have a new computer with Windows 8....and also 6D Embroidery.....Kept getting the runtime error...and instead of bothering on my nerdy grandsons.....just decided to try it myself. Your advice worked perfectly. Thanks so much!
11/6/2014 3:03 PM | Sallee Murtha

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

Thanks so much. I thought I was going to have to go out and pay $2100.00 to upgrade from 4D to 6D.
11/22/2014 3:57 PM | Francine

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

I can't thank you enough. I got a virus on my PC and ran a bunch of anti-spyware, malware software and then my embroidery software would not work. I am an engineer and when I can't figure something out, I cannot sleep. I tried all the same things you did initially and then did a google search and your post came up. It worked! I am so happy!
12/6/2014 8:25 PM | Lisa

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

This did not install, I used the .exe. and nothing happened? Do I need to do something else? Do I have to go to a command line? I do not know much about computers, just want my 6D Viking to work.
12/10/2014 9:55 PM | Donna

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

Hi, Donna. I am not sure why you had an install issue. You should not have to go to the command line. You could display the device manager and look to see if there are any device driver errors related to the HASP or USB and if so, uninstall the driver(s) with issue and re-install as described in the posting above.

Good luck,
Gary
12/12/2014 5:34 PM | gary

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

Hi Gary, THANK YOU so much for posting this solution, it was a life saver. My dongle based CAD wouldn't work after I updated to windows 8.1. After following your link, I now works. Thanks!
1/13/2015 2:52 AM | Jonathan

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

Just want to say thanks! You saved my whole weekend of embroidery.
1/31/2015 5:43 PM | Lynn

Hi Gary,
Thank you for this information! I installed my 5D Extra software and then followed your directions for the HASP download. It loaded and shows that it is running. However, I am still getting the (h0033) error code.
I had this software installed previously on an HP laptop and now have a Surface Pro 3. My question is after downloading the software I clicked on the activate dongle, went through the prompts and the first few times I just clicked next on the screen where it asked for the long activation code because my dongle had been activated previously. I decided maybe that was my problem so I entered the number and clicked next (my dongle has always lit up) and I got the error "the dongle required to register this product is not connected." It was however in the USB and lit up.
Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks for all the information you have provided!
Susan
2/4/2015 8:39 AM | Susan

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

Thank you thank you .... this was just the fix I needed -- I too was going from my xp to windows 8 and re-installing. thank you for posting this information. I too have a Surface Pro 3 and the first time I loaded all worked without a hitch... this time the error. But all is good in my world again.
2/4/2015 9:52 AM | Pamela

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

This really helped a lot and worked the first time out without any complicated "this is that"
2/17/2015 5:32 AM | Gratefull

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! FOR ONCE, IT WORKED.
3/24/2015 6:15 PM | MARY

Thanks it working 100
4/8/2015 12:38 PM | Manie

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

Thank you so much for this information! Downloaded and now able to access my 6D program!
7/23/2015 10:42 PM | Beth

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

I had a problem with Janome Digitizer Junior not working after I upgraded to WIndows 10 today. I found your page and used the "V7.32 as of Apr. 2015" link. It solved my problem.
Thank you so much!
8/3/2015 12:23 PM | Hazel

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

I have upgraded to Windows 10 and I can no longer access the 5d embroidery program how do I fix it
8/10/2015 3:48 PM | Linda Jones

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

Linda, as mentioned in the comment just before yours, Hazel said she was successful fixing her upgraded Windows 10 system using the instructions in this post using the V7.32 link to the driver install.

Good luck!
Gary
8/10/2015 4:25 PM | gary

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

Didn't work. After downloading, extracting and installing, I got the same message "unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment (H0033). I then removed the 5D program altogether and re-installed it with all the latest updates to include 9.51. All to no avail. This has effectively put me out-of-business until I can get it fixed or another computer. Pretty darn depressing.

Regards to all,

Bill, Lexington Park, MD
8/15/2015 2:17 PM | Bill Reason

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

Bill, sorry to hear the driver update did not solve your issue. Almost all the comments indicate success.

What happened to break your 5D? Did you do a Windows upgrade or something?

I recently put up a newer driver update (V7.32) that you probably used, but I still have a link to an earlier driver that most people used successfully. I removed the link to the older driver when I heard success with the newer driver. The link to the older driver is:

www.webguild.com/... .

If this driver works better or you find some other solution to the issue, please post back.

Thanks,
Gary
8/17/2015 8:37 PM | gary

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

Worked like a dream which never happens. Thank you so much for posting this and saving me so much time and frustration!
8/18/2015 8:08 PM | Allison

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

Thank you so much for the solution to the HASP issue. I tried researching solutions and yours was spot on. Thanks so much.

Mary
8/30/2015 8:20 PM | Mary

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

thank you so much for this post! with all the silly updates happening mine disappeared & I could not run my software program MBX I would be lost without this so a huge thank you for sharing this information with us
9/3/2015 12:39 PM | Loralye

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

I downloaded Windows 10 a couple of weeks ago and today was my first time to access 5D and I got the error like everyone else. The latest "HASP SRM Runtime download zip file" worked perfectly! Thank you for sharing!!
9/10/2015 1:27 PM | Sherry

# How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

Thank you - I downloaded HASP SRM Runtime from the above site - it worked perfectly. There had been absolutely no changes to this computer - so there was no reason why it should stop working, but it did. Thank you for the fix.
9/11/2015 2:42 PM | Margie

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

I have been having the same problem as above. (H00033). I downloaded the above; and finally I got it installed. But now I have another error.......... no dongle error (E0009) This software worked on 8.1; but 10 is a NO go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Justeene
9/17/2015 4:50 PM | Justene

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and had the message shown above. Used your solution and I'm now a very happy bunny. I can open 5D and 6D. Eternal thanks!!!
9/29/2015 12:00 PM | Stephanie York

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

Fantastic, thank you!!!! Yes it worked.
10/11/2015 1:45 PM | Bonnie MacLaren

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!
10/18/2015 3:24 PM | Shelley Levesque

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

New computer running windows 10 4D pro hasp error H0033. followed your instructions and my dongle is recognized now. Thanks so much for the instructions.
11/26/2015 1:12 PM | Barb

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

had tonhave new hard drive, cannot now open any embroideries, cannot find registration code for 4 D???? help
12/20/2015 6:11 AM | Angie

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

Updated Windows 10 last night and faced the "HASP SRM run-time environment (H0033)" error this morning. GRRRR!!! Thank you for the solution.
12/28/2015 1:32 PM | SAF

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

Thanks for the solution since Viking is no help at all. I'm still using 4D which they no longer support. Now I'll have to see if the hasp will still work on my laptop with Vista. I assume it will since you are changing the computer, not the hasp??????
1/7/2016 12:44 PM | Mary

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

I removed the HASP from my computer, rebooted it and then replaced the HASP and it worked.
1/24/2016 1:20 PM | D Stotler

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

Thank you SO much, this worked for me. This helped me fix my 4D software.
3/5/2016 11:29 AM | Mom2Four

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

Yay! It worked!!! For the most part I don't like the 6D embroidery system - too expensive and not as powerful as I would like so I usually use another program. However, I DO use it for monograms. So I recently switched to Windows 10 and just discovered tonight that the 6D will not work with that. UNTIL I found your post and by golly, it works! THANK YOU!!!
3/6/2016 9:47 PM | PB

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

March 2016. Thank you so much. Brand new computer with plenty of memory and I got the 'Runtime Error' when installing my Viking Embroidery Software. Your solution "Sentinel HASP/LDK Windows GUI Run-time installer" worked!!!!
3/10/2016 12:32 PM | Lee

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

Thank you! It worked like a charm. I installed using the Sentinel_LDK_Run-time_setup on my Upgraded Windows 10 laptop
3/15/2016 3:39 PM | Johanna

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

Thank you very much indeed. God bless you
3/19/2016 5:30 AM | FEREIDOON

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

Thank you for sharing your experience and outcome with this particular error (H0033).
The driver installation did the trick and worked perfectly - I was able to get my wife's use of her machine back "up and running" for her sewing project (creating personalized pillows for our daughter and her college roommate as a graduation gift).
4/7/2016 5:49 PM | U Stanley

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

This problem occurred when I upgraded from Win8 to Win10. Google is my go-to to solve problems and found this post first! Worked like a charm, thanks so much for posting!
4/20/2016 1:07 PM | Marti B

Thanks Gary,
I upgraded my wife's laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and the 4D Embroidery software failed for the title reason. Following your procedure I downloaded the driver zip file, extracted it right in the download folder and ran the exe file. After restarting the computer all is well.
Forever grateful,
Jim
4/24/2016 10:57 PM | Jim Fleming

Thanks so much!!!! It worked (o:
4/30/2016 11:03 AM | Deb Thiems

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

Thank you so much for this answer. My computer skills are far from great so when a problem arises and my daughter is working I get very frustrated. This was very easy and my software is working perfect.!
5/26/2016 1:56 PM | Barb Reutzel

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

Thank you so much for this solution. It worked perfectly!! :)
6/5/2016 1:13 PM | Tara974

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

Thank you for posting this solution. You are wonderful. Look at all the people you helped! Bravo.
7/13/2016 5:13 PM | Rebecca Nichols

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

We had this problem when changing to the windows 10.
It really worked on my program cimpack V.15
7/17/2016 5:30 AM | Alex

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

It worked like a charm!!!!! Thank you:) !!!!!!!!!!
8/7/2016 8:31 PM | Gina W.

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

This really works and it just saved my day! Thank you!!
8/24/2016 2:29 AM | Ns

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

Thank you so much. I was at my wits end. So frustrating to get a new computer with Windows 10 and have things fail. So wonderful to have technical people out there that can help us novices. You are a godsend! Again, thanks so much!!
8/27/2016 6:52 PM | Linda Jarnagin

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

Thank you so much!! This absolutely solved the problem I was having. Thanks for sharing your solution!!!!!! You saved my sanity.
8/30/2016 8:00 PM | B Foreman

thanks
9/13/2016 4:14 AM | Iskandar

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

I was so frustrated when my Bernina embroidery software would not load. I am soo happy that your solution was the first one I found, It worked perfectly !!! Thank you, thank you, thank you !!!
9/20/2016 1:17 PM | memelady

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

Oh My GOODNESS! You were so very helpful!! My computer had recently completed an extensive update on its own!! After the update the dongle would not work!! I googled my error and your post was the first item I looked at!! It worked wonderfully!! Thanks so very much.
God Bless you,
Tameria
9/26/2016 9:33 AM | Tameria O'Dell

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

Thank You too. My 6D did this after working for a long time. You save me so much time and stress.
10/8/2016 1:22 PM | joan Dillard

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

Thank you thank you. It worked - i was ready to quit using the embroidery. Worked after install and restart.
10/22/2016 10:04 AM | Elaine Fry

Thank you !
10/24/2016 2:25 AM | Daniel

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

Thank you SO much.This worked perfectly first time. I am not computer literate but I managed these instructions without any difficulty. My 4D still works using windows 10.
11/16/2016 6:12 AM | Christine

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

WORKED GREAT, RAN BOTH BERNINA AND JANOME SOFTWARE WITHOUT RELOADING THE PROGRAMS. TIME SAVER AND PRAYERS ANSWERED!!!
12/6/2016 1:43 PM | JUSTPIDDLIN

# re: How I solved "Unable to access HASP SRM Run-time Environment? (H0033)"

You are a life saver. Thank you.
3/12/2017 8:22 AM | Susan

grazie ho risolto
3/12/2017 4:46 PM | silvana

# active dongle Quiltdesign creator H0031

hi

I'am lost dongle activation code and email adress.Dongle ID number available.How can i learn the activation code again. help
3/26/2017 6:59 PM | ebru