Gary Davis' Blog

DotNET/PayPal Development and other Techie Stuff
posts - 45, comments - 123, trackbacks - 0

How I Got My Verizon Lumia 822 to Work on AT&T

I got a Nokia Lumia 822 Windows Phone as a developer promo and my wife wanted to use it instLumia-822ead of her Lumia 920 since it had most of the features but was a bit smaller and a lot lighter in weight.

So I moved over the micro-sim card and everything worked fine except for the data connection. The 822 is unlocked already so there was no need to get an unlock code and unlock it from Verizon to use on AT&T.

To get the data to work, it is simply a matter of entering AT&T’s APN in the Settings->Cellular->Add internet APN. For the APN field, enter wap.cingular. No other fields need to be set. Finally, click on the Save button.

That’s all there is to it! Now check your Internet access.

Print | posted on Saturday, October 19, 2013 10:02 AM |

Feedback

# re: How I Got My Verizon Lumia 822 to Work on AT&T

even att didn't know how to do this.
8/25/2014 1:53 PM | laura

# re: How I Got My Verizon Lumia 822 to Work on AT&T

Hi,
Just entering wap.cingular in the APN didn't help for me.
Am I missing anything? I tried a lot of APN settings, deleted them and then tried
whats mentioned above. But still the att sim card is unable to access the ATT internet.

Plz help!

Thank you.

PS: I'm using Nokia Lumia 822 Windows 8.1
4/12/2015 7:05 PM | Ashwin

# re: How I Got My Verizon Lumia 822 to Work on AT&T

sorry, i just spoke with the ATT customer care they've given the following configuration for the settings.
Settings->Cellular+SIM->SIM Settings->Turn on Manual Internet APN->Add Internet APN and do the following:
APN: phone
User name:
Password:
Proxy server (URL): proxy.mobile.att.net
Proxy port: 80

Then save these settings for the internet. Do the following for the MMS APN :
APN: phone
User name:
Password:
WAP gateway port: 80
MMSC (URL): http://mmsc.mobile.att.net/
MMSC port: 80
Maximum MMS size:

Save these settings. Get back to Settings->cellular+SIM->Data Connection turn it off, leave it for 10secs or so & turn it back on.
Note: few settings that I've not mentioned above should be left blank!

Check your browser, type some websites to verify!

Thanks,
Ashwin
4/12/2015 8:06 PM | Ashwin

# re: How I Got My Verizon Lumia 822 to Work on AT&T

Thank you very much for posting this comment about the Lumia 822. You help me solve my problem and save me form making another return. This worked for me very well, again thanks.
5/19/2015 12:38 PM | Ivan

# re: How I Got My Verizon Lumia 822 to Work on AT&T

I was just given a Verizon Nokia Lomia 822, I am going to use it for AT&T and I wanted to make sure I can use the internet and looked it up and found the info shared here. Mine does not have a Cellular under Settings but I found the area and it wont let me save MMS APN any advice?
7/24/2015 5:32 AM | Danial Brown