Gary Davis' Blog

DotNET/PayPal Development and other Techie Stuff
posts - 46, comments - 528, trackbacks - 0

Fatal Error C0000034 installing Windows 7 SP1

I attempted installation of SP1 for Windows 7 on an Acer (Aspire Revo 3610) PC running 64-bit Windows 7. The PC runs as a home server and I started the install while remotely connected. Once it completed the install (with about 5 other Windows updates), I allowed it to reboot.

I eventually noticed that it never came back up (I was unable to ping it) so I went to the console (my TV monitor) and it displayed no signal. The power light was on so I left it alone incase it was just a really long install. I actually installed the SP1 on my desktop, also running 64-bit and though it took a long time (maybe an hour), it did complete and start up OK.

I then powered the Acer off and on and it started a reboot which displayed on the console. It indicated it had a problem and offered a recovery or continue the boot normally. I opted to continue the normal boot. It displayed the bootup graphic and started a count-up of the dlls it was updating similar to my successful install. However, it stopped early and displayed a fatal error:

Fatal Error C0000034 applying update operation (Update 282 of 103814)

I searched the web and did not get many hits on this error and none very helpful other than to recover from a backup or checkpoint.

So, I rebooted again, this time choosing to recover from the last good boot. This also took a while - maybe 1/2 an hour but was successful.

I will reattempt the SP1 install when I can get more information on this error and its resolution.

UPDATE (from this) - Once you are recovered, provide your logs to Microsoft

Go to the folder C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\ and copy all files to your document folder, also copy the setupapi logs from the folder C:\Windows\Inf and the file C:\Windows\winsxs\poqexec.log to your document folder. Zip all files into 1 Zip file and upload the Zip file to your SkyDrive and post a link here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

UPDATE 2 (A reported solution from thiswoot: here) - Basically, select Launch Startup Repair; follow the steps to get to the command line; run notepad.exe c:\windows\winsxs\pending.xml; reboot and wait about 15 minutes and the SP1 will complete its install.

Print | posted on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 12:00 AM | Filed Under [ Personal ]

Feedback

# re: Fatal Error C0000034 installing Windows 7 SP1

fetal error on xp window
9/20/2012 9:35 AM | beantkaur

# re: Fatal Error C0000034 installing Windows 7 SP1

My laptop has displayed the prompt fatal error c0000034 applying update 170 of 71929.How do i fix this fatal error?
1/24/2013 9:56 AM | Mary Mutiso

Mary,

This is a pretty old posting you replied to. Did you try what I posted in Update 2 above?

Good luck,
Gary
1/24/2013 4:36 PM | Gary Davis

# re: Fatal Error C0000034 installing Windows 7 SP1

recover fatal error .... restart m computer again and again
6/26/2013 12:33 PM | usman

# re: Fatal Error C0000034 applying update operation(316 0f 128330(_00000....)

we are not able to do business due to this please help...
3/4/2015 3:31 AM | pavan

# re: Fatal Error C0000034 installing Windows 7 SP1

I have loaded windows 10 and now my digitizer does not work, and I have tried two things Janome told me to do and it still does not work.
I wonder if I put all of the updates on my MBX digitizer, and then delete the program and start over.
Any help I would appreciate
Jo
9/10/2015 9:10 AM | Jo

edutuit.com/.../how-to-create-a-field-trip.aspx
6/9/2016 10:09 AM | Jesse Honner

# re: Fatal Error C0000034 installing Windows 7 SP1

Easy website backups for WordPress, Every account uses secure online storage from the Amazon AWS cloud, to make sure your files are kept safe and protected.

websitebackupbot

4/28/2018 2:04 AM | jorge

# re: Fatal Error C0000034 installing Windows 7 SP1

Then I forced Acer off and it started reboot which appeared on the console. It indicates that you have a problem and that you are recovering or continuing the shoe regularly. I opted to continue my normal shoes. It shows the bootup architect and starts the count-up of the update updates as similar to my successful installation. He had https://vuejsfeed.com/blog/why-you-should-start-front-end-by-learning-vue-js . However, it stopped early and revealed a fatal error:
8/10/2020 7:15 AM | shahid rafiq

# re: Fatal Error C0000034 installing Windows 7 SP1

I exploit solely premium quality products -- you will observe these individuals on: Tree removal
9/15/2020 6:20 AM | Janis Barnett

# re: Fatal Error C0000034 installing Windows 7 SP1

I encourage you to read this text it is fun described ... how many fluid ounces in one cup
9/24/2020 2:53 PM | Randy Brown

# re: Fatal Error C0000034 installing Windows 7 SP1

I encourage you to read this text it is fun described ... 토토사이트
10/21/2020 1:25 PM | Randy Brown

# re: Fatal Error C0000034 installing Windows 7 SP1

Aldar Properties newly launched Noya at Yas Island which offers 2 and 3 bedroom townhouses and 4 bedroom villas located in Abu Dhabi.
11/21/2020 1:46 PM | Noya at yas Island

# re: Fatal Error C0000034 installing Windows 7 SP1

Harmony Villas in Tilal Al Ghaf, which offers 4 and 5 bedroom Villas starts from AED 2.99M, developed by Majid Al Futtaim.
11/22/2020 8:21 AM | Harmony Villas in Tilal Al Ghaf

# re: Fatal Error C0000034 installing Windows 7 SP1

Vida Residences Aljada developed by Arada and Emaar, which offers best collection of Hotel residences at Sharjah. This residential destination will have 175 hotel rooms and 120 residences approximately. This partnership is between the two best developers of UAE - EMAAR and Arada which going to provide the best facilities and comfort.
11/23/2020 1:19 PM | Vida Residences Aljada

Great Post! I have too been generated Smooth Skin In Photoshop
to a long time
11/24/2020 7:24 AM | Arts P Graphics

# re: Fatal Error C0000034 installing Windows 7 SP1

Asayel 3 Apartments at Madinat Jumeirah Living developed by Dubai Holding offering 1 - 4 bedroom apartments starting price AED 1.2M
11/29/2020 1:24 PM | Asayel 3 Apartments

# re: Fatal Error C0000034 installing Windows 7 SP1

Nakheel introduced a new luxurious residential place named Jumeirah Park Plots that includes exclusively residential plots in different sizes in Jumeirah Park, Dubai.
12/4/2020 4:49 AM | Jumeirah Park Plots