Gary Davis' Blog

DotNET/PayPal Development and other Techie Stuff
posts - 45, comments - 194, trackbacks - 0

eCost Fiasco ordering JVC Receiver

This is an email thread on my order of a JVC Receiver from eCost.com (via Shop.com):

----

Thank you. Friday, I gave up waiting on eCost Customer Service and just placed a second order to be overnighted. I received it the next day (a Saturday). I appreciate the credit on the initial unreceived order. I think eCost should credit me the shipping charge on the 2nd order (about $20) for all the grief I had, but I am not holding my breath.

The full odyssey of this incident will be published on my blog and/or shopper forums – stay tuned.

Thanks again,

Gary Davis

From: SHOP.COM Customer Service [mailto:customerservice@shop.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2006 5:23 PM
To: gary@webguild.com)
Subject: RE:'SHOP.COM=002-177-818' SHOP.COM Master Order #5136622 Status Request

Hi Gary,

eCost.com replied.  See 3 messages below.  If you have any questions, you can reply to Linda Potter or Rebecca Williams.

Sorry for the inconvenience this caused you.

Regards,

Mike

Customer Service

SHOPCOM
The Multi-Merchant Marketplace with a Universal Shopping Cart
10,000,000 Products - 10,000 Brands - 1000 Merchants - 1 Account

-----Original Message-----
From:   Linda Potter (lindap@ecost.com)
Date:   Tuesday, December 19, 2006  11:09 AM
To:   SHOP.COM Customer Service (customerservice@shop.com)
Subject:  FW: SHOP.COM Master Order #5136622 Status Request

FYI

Linda Potter

eCOST.com

From: Rebecca Williams
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 11:01 AM
To: Linda Potter
Subject: RE: 'SHOP.COM=002-177-818' SHOP.COM Master Order #5136622 Status Request
Importance: High

Linda,

I credited this customer on yesterday and sent him an email notifing the customer of the credit. I will forward it over to you the sp is

1650246SP

Rebecca

From: Linda Potter
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 12:39 PM
To: Rebecca Williams
Subject: FW: 'SHOP.COM=002-177-818' SHOP.COM Master Order #5136622 Status Request

Order 1618443 SE seems lost by DHL, can you do a claim?

Linda Potter

eCOST.com

From: SHOP.COM Customer Service [mailto:customerservice@shop.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 10:26 AM
To: Linda Potter
Cc: Brian Blackburn; Reagan Boone

Hi,

Can you help this customer?  He is not getting much help from eCost to locate his order or ship him a replacement.  Please see all messages below.  Here is the order info again for your reference:

This is SHOP.COM order 5136622 sent to you on Nov 27 2006 3:06PM

Mike

Customer Service

SHOPCOM
The Multi-Merchant Marketplace with a Universal Shopping Cart
10,000,000 Products - 10,000 Brands - 1000 Merchants - 1 Account

-----Original Message-----
From:   Gary Davis (gary@webguild.com)
Date:   Wednesday, December 13, 2006  03:21 PM
To:   'SHOP.COM Customer Service' (customerservice@shop.com)
Cc:   customerservice@eCOST.com (customerservice@eCOST.com); rwilliams1@pfsweb.com (rwilliams1@pfsweb.com)
Subject:  RE: SHOP.COM Master Order #5136622 Status Request

Ana,

I am very unhappy; not with you but with eCost. They have never answered any of my emails including the one you sent them on my behalf.

Eventually (last week), I called them about this order which they say has shipped (plus my card was charged) but DHL, the shipper, says they have not received the product from eCost. They said they would have their claims department look into it and to call back in 2 business days. I did that and they said they were still checking and they’d get back to me (yesterday) but I still have not heard from them. I am now on hold trying to get in contact with them again.

They would not let me cancel and re-order this product, though if I had been able to do that, I’d have the product by now.

I am talking to Rebecca at eCost and she says they have never received an email from you on this problem of mine. They are now saying it takes 3-7 business days for claims investigation. She says she will contact the warehouse to see if the item can be found. She did verify with DHL that they have not received the package even though a tracking number was assigned. Rebecca says sometime things are sent UPS even though the consumer is told DHL but even if that were the case (which I doubt), I would have received it by now. Hopefully, tomorrow this will be resolved by a re-order or credit to my charge card.

I am drafting a posting to several of the forums I frequent to blast the poor experience that I have with eCost, detailing everything. Expect to see the posting in Fatwallet.com, ResellerRatings.com and others. I will complete the posting tomorrow night – hopefully with a positive outcome (something like “We are over-nighting your JVC receiver, Mr. Davis”).

I am copying this email to eCost, but I don’t  think they read their emails (from my experience). I am copying to Rebecca, too. I will forward the forum posting tomorrow.

Thanks,

Gary Davis

From: SHOP.COM Customer Service [mailto:customerservice@shop.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2006 11:11 PM
To: Gary Davis

Dear Gary,

Thank you for shopping, SHOP.COM. My name is Ana Richard, your personal shopping advocate in SHOP.COM to quickly resolve any of your concerns.

I have forwarded your order inquiry to eCOST.com for their reply.  Be assured you'll be hearing from them shortly.

Please don't hesitate to contact me should you have further questions or comments about your order, about some aspect of SHOP.COM, or any of the stores on SHOP.COM.

We are committed to ensuring your total satisfaction.

Sincerely,

Ana Richard

Customer Service

SHOP•COM

Thousands of Brands.  Hundreds of Stores.
The Convenience of OneCart™

For Your Future Reference:

Orders placed through SHOP.COM are immediately transferred to member merchants for processing.

In order to be part of SHOP.COM, each merchant must maintain the highest level of customer service.

Our Customer Order Confirmation form also includes member merchant contact information,so you can directly access their customer service team.

Please contact us should you have questions or comments regarding a member merchant’s customer service.

-----Original Message-----
From:   Gary Davis (gary@webguild.com)
Date:   Tuesday, December 05, 2006  05:33 PM
To:   customerservice@shop.com (customerservice@shop.com)
Subject:  SHOP.COM Master Order #5136622 Status Request

SHOPCOM Master Order #5136622 Details:

Status of this order from eCost says “shipped 11/29” but shipper has not received the package. I sent a request to eCost but have not heard from them so I am trying you.

I did pay extra for premium shipping.

eCost Order: https://www.ecost.com/ecost/MyAccount/Order/Order_Status.asp?OrderID=5136622&ShipTo_Zip=33442-9383

DHL Tracking: http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByNbr.asp?ShipmentNumber=50100256662

Thanks,